Description : Head of MENA Hub. Compagnie : Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD). Adresse : Maroc
The Strong Cities Network (SCN) is recruiting for a Head of MENA to lead SCN engagement with cities and relevant partners across the MENA region by supporting the establishment and operationalisation of the newly launched Regional Hub as a core member of the team. Employed by ISD but dedicated to SCN regional coordination, the role will oversee engagement activities as the SCN seeks to deliver on a new strategy to enhance its impact at a city, national, regional, and global level.
Working closely with the Director of Global Engagement and the broader SCN Management Unit, the Head of MENA will also ensure the network is driven by, and ultimately responds to the needs and gaps that cities themselves identify in their ability to prevent violent extremism, hate and polarisation at local levels. By effectively leading and overseeing the work of the MENA Regional Hub team, the role will ensure the SCN is viewed as a credible partner by not just cities, but also local communities, national government and multilaterals to elevate city voices and good practices across the region and globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the establishment and operationalisation of the MENA Regional Hub
- Establish, strengthen and maintain regional partnerships
- Strong Cities Network programme management
- Development and fundraising
This is a 1-year contract, the role can be located in Jordan, Morocco or Tunisia and includes a competitive salary package dependent on experience. To view a full job description, click here.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of key security, development, governance, peacebuilding or related issues in the MENA region.
- Knowledge of local government structures in 2-3 relevant MENA countries.
- Significant experience in developing and/or delivering peacebuilding/preventing violent extremism/local governance programmes with a range of stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of counter-terrorism, preventing/countering violent extremism, rule of law, peacebuilding, conflict mitigation or international cooperation.
- Substantial experience in partnership and network building
- Working with or in national/local governments, civil society and/or international organisations on prevention initiatives.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to speak independently and confidently with city officials.
- Native or working proficiency in Arabic. Working proficiency in French, desirable.
Please submit your application by Monday 29th August @ 09:00 GMT including your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your experience and motivation. ISD reserves the right to interview and appoint candidates prior to the advertised closing date.
If you have any further questions about this vacancy or want to speak to a member of our recruitment team, please contact [email protected]