Description : MENA Network Officer. Compagnie : Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD). Adresse : Maroc
The Strong Cities Network (SCN) is seeking a Network Officer, MENA, to support SCN engagement with cities and partners across the region. This is a core role within the newly launched Western Balkans Regional Hub, employed by ISD but dedicated to SCN regional coordination, engagement and activities as SCN seeks to deliver on a new strategy to enhance its impact at a city, national, regional, and global level.
The Network Officer will work closely with the Head of and Programme Lead, MENA Hub, and the broader SCN Management Unit to foster strong and effective relationships with municipalities across the region. The role includes a significant emphasis on administrative and programmatic support with engaging member and non-member municipalities across the region to ensure the network is driven by – and ultimately responds to – the needs and gaps that cities themselves identify in their ability to prevent violent extremism, hate and polarisation at local levels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate on-boarding, coordination and communication efforts with MENA (member) cities
- Collect data for city threat/need profiles and support tailored evidence-based local-led responses
- Facilitate the exchange of best practices across the regional membership
- Feed into management, operational, communication, and monitoring & evaluation processes
This is a 1-year contract, the role can be based in Jordan, Morocco, or Tunisia, and includes a competitive salary package dependent on experience. To view a full job description, click here.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Essential knowledge of key security and/or peacebuilding issues in the MENA region.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting peacebuilding / preventing and countering violent extremism / social cohesion / youth programmes with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in organising meetings and large-scale events with participants from different countries.
- Experience with managing databases.
- Experience with drafting reports and research outputs.
- Native or professional working proficiency in Arabic. Working proficiency in French
- Proficient use of social media platforms.
Please submit your application by Monday 29th August @ 09:00 GMT including your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your experience and motivation. ISD reserves the right to interview and appoint candidates prior to the advertised closing date.
If you have any further questions about this vacancy or want to speak to a member of our recruitment team, please contact [email protected]